MCAT and GPA stats for individual schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

upslegend

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding recent stats for MCAT and GPA at individual schools, I found the averages on the aacpm website but nothing for each schools individual stats. I just want to know where I would be most competitive with a 3.05 overall GPA and 3.1 Science GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

most schools have them on their website. look there

I looked on the website of some schools I was interested in but I didn't find anything. I'm really curious to see where I stand and how much work I need to do to improve myself. The consensus seems to be that if you have a GPA around 3.0 and MCAT around 25, you are in good shape. I just wanted to see the particular stats for each school instead of the averges. I'm not sure if anything like that is even out there as my many searches have come up empty but if there is someone who knows something, it will be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
I looked on the website of some schools I was interested in but I didn't find anything. I'm really curious to see where I stand and how much work I need to do to improve myself. The consensus seems to be that if you have a GPA around 3.0 and MCAT around 25, you are in good shape. I just wanted to see the particular stats for each school instead of the averges. I'm not sure if anything like that is even out there as my many searches have come up empty but if there is someone who knows something, it will be greatly appreciated.

This info is outdated and not "verified" But it gives you an idea
http://www.medschoolready.com/app/medstatistics.asp?iPO=Y&iSO=AL

well, since i applied, a number of schools have changed their websites. there is absolutely no reason for a school not to post average stats. go to any allopathic school website and they will have averages. any school that does not make it easy to see a class profile is probably hiding something. DMU, which is widely considered one of the top two schools, plainly posts a class profile http://www.dmu.edu/cpms/pm/class_profile/index.cfm

I found this on another site....

Podiatric School
Mean GPA
Mean Total MCAT
Arizona Podiatric Medicine Program at Midwestern University
>2.75​
NA​
Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences
NA​
NA​
California School of Podiatric Medicine
2.89​
21​
College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University

New York College of Podiatric Medicine
3.10​
26​
Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
3.08​
21​
Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
3.10​
22​
Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
3.00​
20​

I found this on another site....

Podiatric School
Mean GPA
Mean Total MCAT
Arizona Podiatric Medicine Program at Midwestern University
>2.75​
NA​
Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences
NA​
NA​
California School of Podiatric Medicine
2.89​
21​
College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University

New York College of Podiatric Medicine
3.10​
26​
Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
3.08​
21​
Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
3.10​
22​
Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
3.00​
20​

Some of those look old or just plain incorrect (ie NYCPM having a 26 MCAT score). One's best bet is to look on the school websites or call the admissions offices. Here's a few I saw from just going online to the school sites.

CSPM from class of 2011 (on website)
science grade point average was 3.18
average cumulative grade point average was 3.21
average MCAT score was 22

OCPM
Overall GPA 3.25
Science GPA 3.17
No MCAT score listed

Some of those look old or just plain incorrect (ie NYCPM having a 26 MCAT score). One's best bet is to look on the school websites or call the admissions offices. Here's a few I saw from just going online to the school sites.

CSPM from class of 2011 (on website)
science grade point average was 3.18
average cumulative grade point average was 3.21
average MCAT score was 22

OCPM
Overall GPA 3.25
Science GPA 3.17
No MCAT score listed

That was my impressions as well, however I found it on a schools Pre-Health site and just thought I'd share for those interested.

Here are Scholl's stats for the current first years:

Overall Grade Point Average: 3.30
Science Grade Point Average: 3.10
Average MCAT: 25

If you want to see all of the information about the current class click on this link.

Here are Scholl's stats for the current first years:

Overall Grade Point Average: 3.30
Science Grade Point Average: 3.10
Average MCAT: 25

If you want to see all of the information about the current class click on this link.

Wow, didn't realize that scholl was about 70% men. I thought the schools were pretty even with gender.

Now lets say in a few years all the schools decide to raise everything similar to med school stats ... do u think people would apply ? ( this is just a what if thing.... and i would love for something like that to happen cont get me wrong)

Wow, didn't realize that scholl was about 70% men. I thought the schools were pretty even with gender.

Yeah, I didn't realize that either until I got to the interview and there were 6 guys:1 girl. I wonder if they are doing anything to attract more women for next year as our facebook group is mostly female.

Now lets say in a few years all the schools decide to raise everything similar to med school stats ... do u think people would apply ? ( this is just a what if thing.... and i would love for something like that to happen cont get me wrong)

That is a really good question; Here is another good question: it has been mentioned before that students whom originally applied to allo or osteo and are using pod as a fall back should be banned from all of the pod schools. If that were the case, how many pod students would they graduate each year???????????????:confused:

As far as your question goes, yes, i believe that people would still apply. The question is how many? Probably not enough to make running 8/9 podiatry schools very profitable.

Now, if vision 2015 plays out as planned and we can obtain a universal scope of practice (please do not confuse with unlimited scope of pratice), and podiatry gains the respect it deserves, than how many????

I say enough to fill 18 pod schools.:D