MCAT and med school success

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TRPMinus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I did very well on the MCAT, but I feel like I have just been "losing knowledge" since I took it last spring. At that point I had a solid understanding of biochem and most of the sciences, but now I have a hard time recalling much of what I learned.
I guess this worries me a bit since medicine requires such a large knowledge base. How can I be sure to retain info that I will need for the rest of my career? I don't want to have a "binge and purge" mentality as I start school this fall. Anyone else thinking about this as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone loses the details as years pass without using an area of knowledge. Wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah i feel you on this 100% but I'm not worried. Med school has incoming students that are older, and haven't been in undergrad in years and they do well... I'm sure they will properly prepare us

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I did very well on the MCAT, but I feel like I have just been "losing knowledge" since I took it last spring. At that point I had a solid understanding of biochem and most of the sciences, but now I have a hard time recalling much of what I learned.
I guess this worries me a bit since medicine requires such a large knowledge base. How can I be sure to retain info that I will need for the rest of my career? I don't want to have a "binge and purge" mentality as I start school this fall. Anyone else thinking about this as well?
Idk if I've been academically challenged in any capacity since my MCAT. Senior year is a joke haha. It's natural to forget things over time. I'm sure we'll be fine in med school :)

Idk if I've been academically challenged in any capacity since my MCAT. Senior year is a joke haha. It's natural to forget things over time. I'm sure we'll be fine in med school :)

One can only hope lol

"Medicine is knowing more and more about less and less"

A hem/onc colleague of mine

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users