1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MCAT Apps- Any good ones??

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Mrs.Buckeye1992, 05.20.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Mrs.Buckeye1992

Mrs.Buckeye1992 Queen of the World.

Pre-Medical
    There didn't seem to be any recent posts on this, but has anyone found any good MCAT prep apps? I think it would be great to have constant access to information and to be able to "quiz" myself (via flashcards), but there seems to be a plethora of apps available. Kaplan's main one requires that you be a student of theirs, and others cost anywhere from 7.99-29.99, excluding the LITE versions.
    Anyone had luck with one that covers a good amount of what's actually in the prep books? I'm current doing biology content with TBR, but your personal experience is welcomed.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. halfwaycrooks

halfwaycrooks This is a library 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    I found using a flashcard app like anki helpful during my prep. Others like quizlet allow you to use sets made by others on the site. May be worth a look...

4. derrick rose

derrick rose 2+ Year Member

MCAT Prep has thousands of questions already, and adds a question a day. However, I find their questions to rather simple. MCAT Flash has a bunch of flashcards made by others as well, which seems pretty good!

I would definitely like to know about some useful apps that you pay for though! The credibility of all the free ones can sometimes be questioned, but if I payed money for an app I get some reassurance on the quality of the content.

About the ads