MCAT August 26th - Should I reapply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdapplicant2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I am retaking MCAT on August 26, 2008. This would be my second time taking the MCAT. The first time I scored 29Q (9 v, 9 ps, 11 bs).

This would be my 3rd time applying to medical school. Should I apply this application cycle, or wait until the next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, I am retaking MCAT on August 26, 2008. This would be my second time taking the MCAT. The first time I scored 29Q (9 v, 9 ps, 11 bs).

This would be my 3rd time applying to medical school. Should I apply this application cycle, or wait until the next cycle?

bump
i'm in the exact same position but this would be my 2nd time applying.. anybody have thoughts?

More information would be helpful. MD or DO? Strong/weak GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
disqfish more info then "applying for the sec time any thought" would be helpful. how im i going to help u with just that sentence, same with the first reply. Anyways good luck...

More information would be helpful. MD or DO? Strong/weak GPA?

both md and do. i plan to reapply either way, i'm basically asking if ppl think that the august 22nd mcat is too late in the game for this year, and if i should push the test date back earlier in the month (8/5)..

9 verbal 9 bio 11 phys Q
3.3 undergrad dartmouth
3.7 masters drexel
decent EC (hospice, 2+ yr research, published, etc)

:Di think if you apply broadly you have a decent and a really good shot at a DO school even if you take the mcat aug 22. Most Do schools start looking at application close to -late august-, so u will be several weeks behind but trust me they will start (first round) accepting ppl late septemper alittle after the time where u will get your mcat scores and u will be on ur way of sending them. so you will be completely fine taking it on aug 22. YOur score of a 29 Q is good for a DO score, why r u taking it again? (is it beause your trying get to an MD school?). iN regards to MD school, with ur GPA u have a slim chance of getting in "(i mght be wrong, but i love being honest) but if u retake the MCAT(i think that what ur doing right?) and get in mid 30s-- ur chances of getting in to MD school is veryyyyy verryy reallll. I hope this helps. GOODLUCK.