MCAT before or after school finishes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sixpence

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can either take the one a few weeks before my final papers and stuff are due (around may 1st). Or I can take it a week after all my stuff is due. The downside of taking it early is I have less time to study and take practice exams. The upside is it is an afternoon exam. The downside to taking it late is My score won't come out early since tx applicants need it by mid may? and it is a morning exam. I know I need to apply as early as possible but will 15 days make a difference? Also I may have to take a break from studying while I finish my school work so I might forget material? Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I can either take the one a few weeks before my final papers and stuff are due (around may 1st). Or I can take it a week after all my stuff is due. The downside of taking it early is I have less time to study and take practice exams. The upside is it is an afternoon exam. The downside to taking it late is My score won't come out early since tx applicants need it by mid may? and it is a morning exam. I know I need to apply as early as possible but will 15 days make a difference? Also I may have to take a break from studying while I finish my school work so I might forget material? Any suggestions?

I would take it before your exams. If you have to stop studying for a couple of days because you will be in finals, you could lose your momentum for the exam...that's just my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
well i only have two final papers, no exams... so no studying, just writing. that probably changes things doesn't it? i could probably keep my study schedule as long as a don't procrastinate

well i only have two final papers, no exams... so no studying, just writing. that probably changes things doesn't it? i could probably keep my study schedule as long as a don't procrastinate

:thumbup:

just get the papers out of the way early and focus on the MCAT.