MCAT Bio experimental passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Javert123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm taking the Aug 28th test and am in the final month of prep which is pretty much now just FLs.
I was wondering if it was worth dropping 80 or so dollars on the Princeton Review Science workbook for the next month when amazon only allows 4-14 business day shipping.
I'm using BR and exam krackers but it seems they aren't great for the experiment style questions.
Alternatively, my local Barnes and Nobles has some kaplan books which some people say is good. I have taken BR fl 1 and will take 2 and 3 this week and then the 7 AAMC tests

Should I bother with the PR SW or just go with what I have?
Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,
I'm taking the Aug 28th test and am in the final month of prep which is pretty much now just FLs.
I was wondering if it was worth dropping 80 or so dollars on the Princeton Review Science workbook for the next month when amazon only allows 4-14 business day shipping.
I'm using BR and exam krackers but it seems they aren't great for the experiment style questions.
Alternatively, my local Barnes and Nobles has some kaplan books which some people say is good. I have taken BR fl 1 and will take 2 and 3 this week and then the 7 AAMC tests

Should I bother with the PR SW or just go with what I have?
Thanks guys!

It is not the $80 but how much you get out of it. Worst case is that it arrives Aug 13 & you have to sqeeze the SW in for 2 weeks of usage.

You have 9 FL for 4.5 weeks meaning 2 per week. Only you can answer at this point on how strong is your content review such that you can use the "spare" time besides FL and review to put in more passages practice and review.

The book can possibly arrive at Aug 6 or 7.

If I need to gamble on it for my dream future, I will go for it ($ 80 is cheap if it helps me getting 2 more questions on each section across the board).It can be 1 to 2 point more in BS & PS; and that is gold.

If you get the SW, do those at the end since you don't have time (the harder ones).

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh and sorry ,the $80 appears on Amazon to be for used, new copies look well over 150 even 200!

Used is OK as long as the answers were not "hard" inked mark.
Even that you can mark all answers to make it useful.

It is not "superior" but their passages are very good under the situation.

There are others like Kaplan topics, ICC which are good too....but having the access to those material at this time is challenging.

Yes, trying to fill your valuable 2 to 3 weeks of time before the real deal is that every passage counts and I think PR SW can do that. If you really work your butt off on that SW, you can get a lot out of it. The book is very very thick...that had 270+ passages even on my 2007 edition.

Thanks for you advice. It says it might take upto 21 days as well with the standard shipping. I think given the time, focus will be on FLs and the plenty of passages that I do have in BR just because I don't want to ignore those and put my eggs on something that may not show up for 3 weeks.

But thank you for your thoughts.

Thanks for you advice. It says it might take upto 21 days as well with the standard shipping. I think given the time, focus will be on FLs and the plenty of passages that I do have in BR just because I don't want to ignore those and put my eggs on something that may not show up for 3 weeks.

But thank you for your thoughts.

I can understand..........BR passages are very good too.

Good luck to you on the test :D

Yes, it is worth it. See if you can find any for sale within your area so you don't have to wait 2 weeks.