MCAT Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolchix321

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been hearing that the MCAT Bio has been leaning towards genetics/molecular bio recently. Will this be the case in the near future?
What type of genetics/molecular bio are they asking exactly? What topics?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

you might wanna do a quick search, this question has only been asked 500 times this past minth. :laugh:

What should I search for?
Want to direct me please? Im new...
I didn't know... sorry

As a 3-time test taker, I can tell you that you should study EVERYTHING. It is very hard to observe MCAT trends unless you've taken every single MCAT offering TWICE in the past year to account for the grab-bag essay.

Members don't see this ad :)
How were your MCATs?
What trends did you notice in your most recent MCAT that differed from the previous 2?

As a 3-time test taker, I can tell you that you should study EVERYTHING. It is very hard to observe MCAT trends unless you've taken every single MCAT offering TWICE in the past year to account for the grab-bag essay.

I agree with this whole heartedly. Now, I don't think its practical to go out and read multiple textbooks, but if you were desperate for Bio help, and wanted to get a comprehensive review, I would get TPR biological science workbook, and EK biology workbook-that should get you all set for bio. But there is no way you can actually know what topic is gonna be on the biology section of the MCAT the day you take it. I as a bio major have taken a lot of upper division classes, and I am familiar with some things and it eases the pain. I think they are increasing the molecular cell/genetics on the bio portion along with experimental designs and what not. There is no way anyone with just one year of bio can do well on the Bio section of the MCAT, unless you supplement heavily from outside resources. With that said, I think the bio is getting a bit more difficult, seeing that the majority of the people who apply to med school and take the MCAT are bio majors and in a way want to make the section a little more harded :rolleyes: but anyways that just my .02 cents