MCAT bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD2014786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is doing the EC 1001 questions in bio and doing the TPR workbook passages for bio sufficient to score well on the bio portion of the exam?

Did anyone try this?

I already went through the content reviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Having just taken the MCAT on 1/29 and completely underestimating how hard the bio was, I would say the bio I saw most compared to the TPR practice exams rather than the AAMC practice exams. That's just me though, I've heard the TPR exams are harder than the actual thing, but they are good practice, and unfortunately I've learned that you need to expect the worst when it comes to these things.

Good luck!

Is doing the EC 1001 questions in bio and doing the TPR workbook passages for bio sufficient to score well on the bio portion of the exam?

Did anyone try this?

I already went through the content reviews.

Having taken the MCAT twice, with my most recent scores pending this is what I can tell you. EK 1001 Bio is ONLY good for helping you nail the 10-12 discrete questions on the exam, if they happen to be that easy. Those passages are a JOKE compared to the real MCAT, and will provide you with inadequate preparation. As for the Biology content, the reason why you don't really need a detailed Bio book is because 80% of this test is reasoning. EK Bio provides you with enough of a basis to be familiar with the topics that a passage could cover. However, doing well on the MCAT requires doing a great deal of practice passages and and soldifying only the most important information from content for familiarity.