1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
  2. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.
Studying for the DAT, GRE, OAT or PCAT? Test Prep Week Exhibitors are here to help!

MCAT Blog by Jack Westin

Discussion in 'CARS Strategy Course with Jack Westin (Sponsored)' started by Jack Westin, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Jack Westin

Jack Westin CARS Instructor Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Silver Donor Bronze Donor Exhibitor 5+ Year Member

Sep 11, 2011
    SDN Exhibitor
    My MCAT Blog gives insider tips and the most accurate information about the MCAT CARS section. If you would like me to discuss a topic in particular, please let me know by posting below!

frosted_flake likes this.
  2. frosted_flake

frosted_flake waaahmbulance attendant Gold Donor 2+ Year Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Not really a topic, more of a question...

I really enjoy leisure reading, as well as reading textbooks, articles and other assignments for class. However, on my practice sections, my CARS scores are so low. Do you think this is more of a comprehension issue? Or lack of practice? I feel like I do not have a "given talent" for CARS/VR like some do :(

3. Jack Westin

Jack Westin CARS Instructor Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Silver Donor Bronze Donor Exhibitor 5+ Year Member

Sep 11, 2011
    SDN Exhibitor
    @frosted_flake thanks for your post! I'll write a blog on this soon! Reading for the MCAT is very different than how you should read for leisure. This ultimately comes down to knowing what to look for: how to find big points and use those points to answer the questions. I also think a big factor to reading for the MCAT is confidence. If you are not confident in your abilities, you'll always make more mistakes. You can improve your confidence by reading often. But what's especially important is building a consistent approach that you use for reading and answering questions.

A majority of premeds need to practice and prepare themselves prior to taking this or any other standardized exam. You definitely need skills to do well but it's not something you cannot gain over practice and time. My students who put in the time and effort always do better.

frosted_flake likes this.
  4. sofpink

sofpink 2+ Year Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Entre aqui y alla
    I am interested in enrolling in you CARS course, but the current classes don't fit my schedule? Are there any other classes available?

5. Jack Westin

Sep 11, 2011
    SDN Exhibitor
    @sofpink I will be having a new class each month for the rest of the year. I will be putting these dates up throughout the months. Please visit my site each month to see the new dates. Let me know if you have any other questions about this.