MCAT Blues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Focus39

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for all of us who feel burnt out studying for the MCAT. You're definitely going to enjoy this song:

MCAT Blues

Members don't see this ad.

Focus39 said:
This is for all of us who feel burnt out studying for the MCAT. You're definitely going to enjoy this song:

MCAT Blues

i start slacking this late in the game. I now take breaks about every 30 mins. Still getting in the 5-6hrs a day though. I also find myself spending more time on this site.

Brandon81081 said:
i start slacking this late in the game. I now take breaks about every 30 mins. Still getting in the 5-6hrs a day though. I also find myself spending more time on this site.

I have enough energy to commit a max of 10 hrs a day to Mcats (since I uh... decided to take a 5-day vacation doing NOTHING last week). I think what keeps me going are snacks. And coffee.

Wow. you guys are troopers. I can't seem to put in more than 3-4 hours before I get back on the computer except when I write full lengths. This site is getting really addictive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Focus39 said:
Wow. you guys are troopers. I can't seem to put in more than 3-4 hours before I get back on the computer except when I write full lengths. This site is getting really addictive.

I'm feeling the addiction to sdn too. Are you studying alone or with friends? I think friends really make an impact on my studying. Hence my 5-day vacation when my friend went to India :laugh:

I've been studying with a friend off an on. The problem is that she's waaay behind me in that she's still studying the science info for the first time while I'm doing the practices. We're both uber lazy so unless there's a FL going on with timers and all, we'd just feed on each other and end up drinking martinis and laughing our heads off.

This is my second time studying for the MCAT and the first time in April I put so much time and effort into studying and then had a problem the night before the big test that I feel messed me up. Needless to say, it has really been hard to get back into the studying. I was so down about my score because I know I could have done better if it wasnt for that problem and now I feel I am not as prepared as I was before. I recently got a 31 on my last practice test though (10, 11, 10- with one question away from an 11) so my confidence increased a bit. I just hope the real deal will be the same or better.

Focus39 said:
I've been studying with a friend off an on. The problem is that she's waaay behind me in that she's still studying the science info for the first time while I'm doing the practices. We're both uber lazy so unless there's a FL going on with timers and all, we'd just feed on each other and end up drinking martinis and laughing our heads off.

Sounds like fun! Thats the way I like to study!

Focus39 said:

And that's the main reason I can't do study groups. They're only as good as the lowest denominator and the lowest denominator is inevitably not very studious. :laugh: