Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MCAT CARS Sample

Discussion in 'CARS Strategy Course with Jack Westin (Sponsored)' started by Jack Westin, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Jack Westin

Jack Westin CARS Instructor Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Silver Donor Bronze Donor Exhibitor 5+ Year Member

SDN
    Sponsor
    SDN
    Exhibitor
    In the following article, I provide a sample MCAT CARS passage that can give you a better idea of what to expect on the real thing.

Feel free to post below if you have specific questions about the passage or the questions.

2. salemstein

salemstein 5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Just wondering, #2 is A not B because the passages mentions A more directly when talking about tech?

3. MrMention

MrMention 2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Salemstein:

If you go back to the overall theme of the passages--the central thesis--then you will see that A more sum it all up, not B. The passage more implied improvement in technology, not so much teamwork.

4. Jack Westin

Jack Westin CARS Instructor Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Silver Donor Bronze Donor Exhibitor 5+ Year Member

SDN
    Sponsor
    SDN
    Exhibitor
    @salemstein I could not have said it better than @MrMention -thanks!

Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

5. ParallelLines

ParallelLines

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Hi I always have the most trouble on assumption questions and evidence/supported by questions (#2 and #6).

For #2, do assumptions always have to be implicit? Because choice B is outright stated in the passage.

For #6, where in the passage is there support for choice D?

CJhooper123 likes this.
  6. Jack Westin

SDN
    Sponsor
    SDN
    Exhibitor
    Hi @ParallelLines

For #2, assumption questions must be implicit. This is why B is not the correct answer (it's explicit).

For #6, D is supported in paragraph 2 when the passage states the quote by Julius Jolla (Julius Jola explained the mentality of the allies best, “The men of the war were strong but their courage- even stronger.” )- This is an authority figure who supports the idea.

Thanks for your questions! Let me know if you have more.