1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

MCAT CARS Scoring - Jack Westin

Discussion in 'CARS Strategy Course with Jack Westin (Sponsored)' started by Jack Westin, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Jack Westin

Jack Westin CARS Instructor Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Silver Donor Bronze Donor Exhibitor 5+ Year Member

Sep 11, 2011
    SDN Exhibitor
    In the following article, I specifically outline how AAMC does the MCAT CARS scoring. The CARS section scoring can be frustrating but the MCAT has a very rigid scoring system in place. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  2. ambitiousMED

ambitiousMED 2+ Year Member

Jun 13, 2013
    What do you think the score will be if the student misses around 26 questions in the CARS section? Please let me know.

3. Jack Westin

Jack Westin CARS Instructor Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Silver Donor Bronze Donor Exhibitor 5+ Year Member

Sep 11, 2011
    SDN Exhibitor
    @ambitiousMED from my knowledge the MCAT does not provide raw score conversions to scores, rather, percentile rank for scores. Based on my experience, I would estimate that a raw score conversion for 27 correct out of 53 (which is about 50% correct since CARS is out of 53 questions) is in the 121-123 range.

ambitiousMED likes this.