MCAT CARS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RamenJuice

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I'm currently studying for my exam in 3 weeks on April 28th. However, I've noticed something a bit weird... Historically, CARS has been one of my higher scoring subjects. For my previous MCAT I scored a 128 and I recall them being my best scores when I took the Kaplan practice tests.

However, I've been consistently scoring low in that specific spection on my practice tests. For tests from various companies, I've been averaging a solid 40/53 and even today I had the pleasure of receiving a 31/53 on NS3. Actually now, looking at all my practice tests, CARS has been my worst score on every exam.

I use the same method I've always used: highlighting sentences and words as I go without using my paper/pencil and I still end up failing miserably. What's wrong here? Have any of you experienced this, and if so, what should I do to fix it?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, whatever you do , don;t change your current technique. It's a bit late if you ask me... Perfect your technique, and hope that you;re going to land a 40/53 on the real deal.

Hi guys,

So I'm currently studying for my exam in 3 weeks on April 28th. However, I've noticed something a bit weird... Historically, CARS has been one of my higher scoring subjects. For my previous MCAT I scored a 128 and I recall them being my best scores when I took the Kaplan practice tests.

However, I've been consistently scoring low in that specific spection on my practice tests. For tests from various companies, I've been averaging a solid 40/53 and even today I had the pleasure of receiving a 31/53 on NS3. Actually now, looking at all my practice tests, CARS has been my worst score on every exam.

I use the same method I've always used: highlighting sentences and words as I go without using my paper/pencil and I still end up failing miserably. What's wrong here? Have any of you experienced this, and if so, what should I do to fix it?
Ok, whatever you do , don;t change your current technique. It's a bit late if you ask me... Perfect your technique, and hope that you;re going to land a 40/53 on the real deal.
Agreed - sounds like the nerves have gotten into your head. Trust the techniques which were delivering you good CARS scores before. Best of luck!

I can't get above 124 in CARS. I've been consistently getting a 506 and higher on Kaplan practice. Any advice?