MCAT Course Before SN2ed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yewnorkk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm planning on doing the SN2ed study plan Apr-Jun and taking the June MCAT - I'm in the process of buying the materials now. My dad offered to pay for a Kaplan course for Christmas (lucky, I know). I did some quick research and the class will run December through the start of April. However, the general consensus seems to be studying for more than ~3-4 months is largely unproductive.

Would you guys recommend taking the class if I mainly attend the twice-a-week class (with minimal studying outside) and don't start my hardcore studying until I start the SN2ed plan thereafter?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Why not use the SN2ed plan while taking the course? There are many people who have studied for 5 months who still do very well on the MCAT.

Why not use the SN2ed plan while taking the course? There are many people who have studied for 5 months who still do very well on the MCAT.
Even though I'll be taking 15 credits with various ECs, I could do this but I probably would have to miss some days like when I have an exam coming up. I think my yield would be better doing SN2ed in the summer with significantly fewer other obligations. What do you think?

I don't understated why studying for for more than 3-4 months would be largely unproductive?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd focus on your classes, especially if you're taking any pre-reqs. Maybe ask your father to buy your study materials instead. They're pretty expensive.

Also, on this route, there will be PLENTY of spots where you'll need your parents to help finance your application (unless if you take out a loan).

Again, focus on your pre-reqs and really master the content while taking the course. Try to learn the concepts behind the equations.