Nov 26, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys!

I'm planning on doing the SN2ed study plan Apr-Jun and taking the June MCAT - I'm in the process of buying the materials now. My dad offered to pay for a Kaplan course for Christmas (lucky, I know). I did some quick research and the class will run December through the start of April. However, the general consensus seems to be studying for more than ~3-4 months is largely unproductive.

Would you guys recommend taking the class if I mainly attend the twice-a-week class (with minimal studying outside) and don't start my hardcore studying until I start the SN2ed plan thereafter?

Thanks in advance!

1TB4RKSB4CK

wussup doge
5+ Year Member
May 6, 2010
Miami
Status
Pre-Medical
Why not use the SN2ed plan while taking the course? There are many people who have studied for 5 months who still do very well on the MCAT.

OP
Y
Nov 26, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Why not use the SN2ed plan while taking the course? There are many people who have studied for 5 months who still do very well on the MCAT.
Even though I'll be taking 15 credits with various ECs, I could do this but I probably would have to miss some days like when I have an exam coming up. I think my yield would be better doing SN2ed in the summer with significantly fewer other obligations. What do you think?

Jun 8, 2013
Status
I don't understated why studying for for more than 3-4 months would be largely unproductive?

OP
Y
Nov 26, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I'd focus on your classes, especially if you're taking any pre-reqs. Maybe ask your father to buy your study materials instead. They're pretty expensive.
Thanks so much for the reply! I'll go that route

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Also, on this route, there will be PLENTY of spots where you'll need your parents to help finance your application (unless if you take out a loan).

Again, focus on your pre-reqs and really master the content while taking the course. Try to learn the concepts behind the equations.