MCAT Date - Advice on Timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

revuot

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT is currently scheduled for August 29th but I'm pretty behind on content review, and haven't even started practicing yet. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to move my date to Sept 28? My college starts the beginning of September but since my classes are all online, I'd be home, and no volunteering or research means I'd have a lot more time (I've been busy this summer working on a project). But at the same time, I'm worried that I'll be doing classes the month right before my MCAT which doesn't sound ideal. What do y'all think? Anyone else taking it Sept 28th or have taken it in September in the past? Do you think it'd be a good idea to move it to then?

Members don't see this ad.

The best advice I can give you is to take the test when you feel you're fully ready. You should have multiple scores from practice tests to get an estimate of how well you'll do on the real thing. I was going to take the test Sept 28th but I moved to to Jan of next year bc I'm behind on content review and haven't taken practice tests yet. I also work full time so I don't have plenty of time to study. Take the test when you feel confident of your score. Good luck!

The best advice I can give you is to take the test when you feel you're fully ready. You should have multiple scores from practice tests to get an estimate of how well you'll do on the real thing. I was going to take the test Sept 28th but I moved to to Jan of next year bc I'm behind on content review and haven't taken practice tests yet. I also work full time so I don't have plenty of time to study. Take the test when you feel confident of your score. Good luck!
Thank you!!