MCAT day - ID verification, fingerprint, photo...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justapremed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I brought this up 2 weeks ago but didn't get a relevant response.
So let me make this question more general...

Did anyone do an actual fingerprint on paper (rather than an electronic fingerpring), on the sign-in/out sheet?

In addition, did anyone's test proctor take a picture of you with the camera attached to the computer at the sign-in location, rather than have a machine scan your drivers license and digitally upload it that way?

i.e. That's what I had to do because the computer was having a fit with my passport, which is all I had. Whatever these fingerprints and photos are used/saved for, I hope mine was acceptable... But I don't really know where to check this?!

Members don't see this ad.

They digitally scanned in my fingerprints. 3x each of the index finger of both hands.

Then they scanned in my drivers license.

THEN they took a picture of me (hopefully it wont get distributed, I looked horrible that day, but I didnt really care).

So I brought this up 2 weeks ago but didn't get a relevant response.
So let me make this question more general...

Did anyone do an actual fingerprint on paper (rather than an electronic fingerpring), on the sign-in/out sheet?

In addition, did anyone's test proctor take a picture of you with the camera attached to the computer at the sign-in location, rather than have a machine scan your drivers license and digitally upload it that way?

i.e. That's what I had to do because the computer was having a fit with my passport, which is all I had. Whatever these fingerprints and photos are used/saved for, I hope mine was acceptable... But I don't really know where to check this?!

fingerpints were taken of both left and right index fingers. drivers license was taken and picture was also taken.

Members don't see this ad :)
:( so no one so far with the old-fashioned fingerprint? they also made me only do my right thumb...

:( so no one so far with the old-fashioned fingerprint? they also made me only do my right thumb...

I stamped my right thumb the old fashion way and they took my picture without taking my driver's liscence (this was for everyone).

We all received our scores, and we had no issues.

I would be surprised if test centers are still using ink. If they did... they better be getting the fingerprints AFTER the test... otherwise most people are going to be distracted by it.

My fingerprints did not scan well using the scanner, so they did an ink thumbprint on me instead on the sign in sheet. They also scanned my driver's license and took a picture of me with the camera. I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about.

Edit: Oh jesus, thread necro. I'm sure the OP is worried about it from 2008 still.

I remember them looking at my driver's ID and taking a bunch of fingerprints at first. Not sure if they took a picture of me but maybe they did and I forgot. I didn't see anyone get a ink and paper fingerprint everything was done digitally.