miffy810

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2009
Status
  1. Medical Student
Hi, any help would be greatly appreciated!

I just got my score back from the 6/18 exam
10V/11P/11B (32M)

I don't know what happened with the M writing score. I have a 3.67 cGPA and 3.60 sGPA from an ivy league school.

ECs - research (pending pub 1st author) for 4 years with various presentations, EMT, medically-related volunteer abroad, various other community service, hospital volunteer, shadowing, tutoring for orgo and gen chem, etc.

I am signed up to retake for July 31st, which means I will get my score back Sept. 1st. I have already submitted my primary app, waiting to be verified, and my secondaries/LORs will probably be complete by mid-end of august. Should I retake?? How much will my writing score hurt me? Also, I think if I retake I will probably get 34-35. Is this worth it? My top choices are the NYC schools, which I know are extremely competitive. Do I have a chance at those with 32M?

thanks so much!!

kabirm

5+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2009
Status
Look im in the same predicament but I have to retake and do the july 31rst. I wouldn't retake if i were you unless you can gaurantee those scores for sure. Your competitive level will truly be lower. But lets say you drop to a 30 or worse under a 30. You will not be competitive anywhere in the United States. If this was a situation with more time I would say go ahead, but if you take this exam I would be ready to void if need be.... because its going to be a testy...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads