Mcat exam day question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedluc09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
which answer would you stick with if you were running out of time ont he exam day? A,B,C, OR D>??

and has anyone completely guessed on the entire mcat exam and got a decent grade???

Members don't see this ad.

Your best bet probably for complete guessing is to put down all A's, all B's, all C's, or all D's but to keep it consistent with one answer choice.

I think it's highly unlikely anyone can guess and get a decent grade. You're looking at an expected 1/4 raw score which probably will scale to like a 3 or something per section.

LOL, why would anyone just randomly guess on the whole MCAT? As for which answer, I don think it should matter. But if you have multiple questions that you have no idea about, then just stick with one letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that if there is anyone out there that is legitimately thinking about guessing on the MCAT might as well stay home that day. Not a good idea.

I answered for fun, I would never pay 210 dollars and waste it by guessing unless the building was going to explode or something.

My physician said to go with C when I asked her if she had any advice- she said her husband thought that was the most common answer- who knows though.

I tried to at least skim over question and narrow out 1-2 choices before guessing anything even when low on time.

Pick whichever is the more complicated, most nuanced answer. Generally a positive statement.

So, how screwed would you be if you randomly guessed throughout the whole test? Well, using AAMC practice test 10 as an example...

Physical sciences:
Probability of a scaled score of 10 or greater ≈ 1.0 x 10^-15

Verbal reasoning:
Probability of a scaled score of 10 or greater ≈ 4.906 x 10^-12

Biological sciences:
Probability of a scaled score of 10 or greater ≈ 6.6 x 10^-14

Entire exam:
Probability of a 30 or greater ≈ 3.238 x 10^-40

So, yeah, guessing on the entire exam is bad. Really, really, ^-40, bad.