MCAT FL scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zakzak

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my current full-length scores are the following

Kaplan 1: 492 (123 C/P, 124 Cars, 122 B/B, 123 P/S)
Kaplan FL 2: 499 (126 C/P, 126 Cars, 123 B/B, 124 P/S)

Both of these i did at 1.25 time to review answer

AAMC: 494 (124 C/P, 123 CARS, 122 B/B, 125 P/S) I did this at 1.00 time (normal time)

I was surprised by AMCAS, specifically cars. I didn't know how to handle the longer passages and ran out of time. I felt like kaplan passage/kahn (which I used for practice) were not good at preparing me

I am currently going to take the MCAT January 19. I think I may end up voiding the exam, but plan to study hard for it because I think taking it will be a good experience

Regardless of the exam being voided or not, I will try to take another MCAT in March 20th (i may be wrong with the date). Is it possible to get my scores up to a 504/505 by January 19th? I am taking off from work (work as a chemistry teacher in thailand) Wednesday through Friday beforehand to give myself more time to study. I feel like I want to get P/S to a 128 level and CARS to 126 with the others at a 125

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember what the cancellation policy is for the MCAT (took it in 2017) but if you're not scoring at least a 500 on FLs with 1.00 time by this weekend you should definitely cancel/reschedule/void it.

Did you only take 3 FLs? I'd recommend taking more (most people say 7ish is a good number). You should really reevaluate your study strategy and make sure you're devoting enough time to actually improve your score. I also wouldn't recommend taking any of the exams at 1.25 time. One of the biggest challenges of the MCAT is the ability to work quickly and efficiently no matter how exhausted you are. Giving yourself extra time lets you score better on your practice exams but short-changes you of practice for the real deal.

Extremely unlikely that you'd increase 10 points come test day. Sit for the real deal and void it. It'll be the most expensive practice exam you take, but it's worth it to gain the experience. I was in the same situation last year. I was signed up for the January test date but I wasn't hitting my goal score. I sat for Jan, voided it, and re took it in May.

Hmmm, something is not adding up. Kaplan tests are way more difficult - I would say about 7 point deflation, but then again you were using 1.25 time. Too late to reschedule, in my opinion I would void, possibly try taking another Kaplan Tuesday/Wednesday next week.