Mcat Form Em Discussion Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batman123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to see what people thought of the MCAT form EM, easy/hard, etc. I had trouble with the following passages in the science sections:

1) superwater passage in physcial sciences
2) AIDS passage
3) streptococcus
4) lipase/bile/pH

Just wondering what other people thought.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, i'm a friend of Focus, going to his acnt to post since I don't have an account on here yet...

I had the form "EK" but I think that all E's are the same, regardless of the last letter.

Anyways, I had the same passages as you.

I did pretty well in the Bio section with those aids, streptrococcus, etc.

But the physics was tough!! Was that superwater passage the one with some tube and the experimenters changed "h" around? If so what did you get for the reason why the experimenter wanted to keep h cnst? if you remember ;) Anyways, I thought Verbal was alright.

- Jane

Focus, hadn't you taken the mcat before and done really well on it from what I remember?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Lavndrrose
That's Focus' friend. She's using his account for now.

Oh, I see.....I was getting confused about the real 'focus'....I thought he just took the mcat again for fun or something....;)

Today has been great. 18 holes of golf, couch, tv, and more couch. (Going bowling tonight with friends and beer)

Had form EG. I also agree because those passages sound like the ones I had as well. Also remember that question about the height of the chamber on the PS but cannot remember what my guess was.

I thought they toned down Verbal a bit and it wasn't as difficult as last year's however there were still a few difficult passages.

I thought the PS was very difficult. After taking aamc IV-VI, I was expecting to breeze right through. Good thing I took the difficult Kaplan PS fl tests.

Anybody else run out of ink on the writing section. Usually I just have the one pen with me but for some odd reason grabbed an extra.(Thank God!!) I ran out of ink half way through the first essay.

Bio wasn't as bad as PS but I felt like they left out a lot of the major areas and the passages they did have were extremely narrow. What about that stupid P-protein tumor passage?

Anybody else wake up several times through the night? I woke up at 3:30, 4:30, and 5:30.

Hit up the bars last night but was too tired to really get into it.

Anway, I will stop talking about this stupid test and get back to the PGA tour highlights (Finally Tiger went down)