MCAT Full Length Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taylor11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to get more full length practice tests now that I'm done with the Kaplan ones. I wanted to save the AAMC for later. What other companies have better full length tests? I'm searched about the Princeton Review ones but I'm confused about how many did they really offer and if they are the same as the ones that we get access to if we buy their books. I also heard good things about The Berkeley Review and Examkrackers. I'll be very appreciated for any opinion on what the best practice tests are. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Random question for Kaplan people. Has anyone else found/heard that Kaplan full length 2 is easier than the others/the real MCAT? I ask because I just rocked it to the tune of 39, and I'm pretty stoked, but I also wonder if its a real thing... I scored 31 on FL1 and 32 on the real MCAT 2 years ago. I'm working hard, but I'm not sure that I'm working 39 hard...

So, has anyone taken the EK full-length lately? I ordered the 3 paper tests from their website and finished the #1g exam today. I scored a 27 (PS-10; V-7; BS 10). Does anyone else have an opinion on their difficulty?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't say useless. I thought the verbal reasoning on the #1g exam was difficult, but that it was also somewhat representative of the difficulty on the real mcat. Although, I know the format is completely different. I took it last summer, without taking a prep course which was pretty stupid, I admit.....but being a non-traditional applicant, I didn't have a whole lot of guidance. I used most of AAMC's last year before the exam, audited Gen Chem and Physics, used some old kaplan books from 2006 to prepare, and bought some verbal reasoning help from a company called "Test Prep New York," which turned out to be not much help at all.

In my opinion most of the AAMC exams are not as difficult as the he real test, (other than maybe tests 8, 9, and 10). I wanted to try a reputable test prep company this time, do more full length practice and save the remaining AAMC's for closer to the test date. I bought the 7CBT's from TBR as well as their gen chem and physics books, and finished the EK 10 week home study schedule with all of their materials. The EK full lengths were only $20, so I guess my thought process was, the more practice passages the better. If anybody took a chance with EK full-lengths, I'm curious what you all thought.

So, has anyone taken the EK full-length lately? I ordered the 3 paper tests from their website and finished the #1g exam today. I scored a 27 (PS-10; V-7; BS 10). Does anyone else have an opinion on their difficulty?

I scored a 29 on an EK FL after getting 35+ on AAMC tests. I ultimately ended up with a 41. I wouldn't worry about the EK scores (or scores from any non-AAMC test, really).