fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I was wondering if those of you who have multiple acceptances wouldn't mind posting
1) mcat/gpa
2) # of acceptances

Obviously people can only pick one place to go, but # of acceptances should indicate how competitve an applicant one is.

Also, this could be an indication of how much numbers really matter. Anyways, I'm just curious. I got started thinking about this because I know people with 4.0, mcat 33+, good ECs, but no acceptances. I also know people with =<4.0, =<32, with pretty good ECs with many acceptances- and to some good schools at that. How often does essay writing and interviewing make a difference? Is it just a freak occurence? Do you think it is because of ECs, personality, or both? Is it that undergrad makes a difference? AHhhhHh! Too many variables!

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
29, 3.7

4 acceptances, 2 MD and 2 DO.

I think interviewing counts a lot. If you interview well it may help overlook lower stats.

About the Ads

BigRedPingpong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
NY
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Alexander99
In the end, it's a crapshoot. Having higher numbers just gets you more chances to roll the dice. You still have to be lucky.
Crapshoot? Yes, but a predictable one. If you have high #'s chances of you getting in to a #'s ***** school are better. If you live in the tristate area, chances of you getting into NY private schools are better. If you've done extensive research, your chances of going to a top 10 research instituton is better. It's not entirely a crapshoot with everyone having an equal shot. It's definitely predictable to a certain extent.

4.0/37

4 acceptances, 2 WL

I cancelled a bunch of interviews (like Stanford, Mayo, Columbia) when I got into Hopkins which was very early on.

It's really a crapshoot, trust me. Don't read too much into the numbers.

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
Someone make some sort of crazy 3 dimentional chart with this info.

About the Ads