MCAT guessing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemwiz14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone that has taken the MCAT before guessed on 7 or more questions on a single section and broke a 30??????

Members don't see this ad.

chemwiz14 said:
Has anyone that has taken the MCAT before guessed on 7 or more questions on a single section and broke a 30??????

oh i'm SURE people can do that...i know i usually guess on about 10 in the PS section and get between a 9 and a 11...so yea...should be very possible

It is definitely statistically possible. If you ace 2 sections, you would get a 31 without answering any of the other section.

Realistically, those should be educated guesses so it increases the prob to 33%-50% right on the guesses so you shouldn't worry too much. Just look at the scaling and you get see how many you need right for a certain score.

Even if you're guessing, you can usually knock off one or two that you know to be wrong. There were probably at least seven in BS and PS that I wasn't 100% certain on, but in which I could narrow it down plenty. I broke 30 no problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is definitely possible to break a 30 and guess on 7 questions. I got pretty sick the day before taking the april MCAT last year, but I decided to take it anyways and try for better in Aug. Anyways, I was pretty dizzy throughout the test and I actually dozed off for 15 minutes during the verbal section. I ended up guessing on all the questions in the last three passages due to the time constraints, but surprisingly I still made a 11 on verbal and my overall was over a 30.

lcdh said:
It is definitely possible to break a 30 and guess on 7 questions. I got pretty sick the day before taking the april MCAT last year, but I decided to take it anyways and try for better in Aug. Anyways, I was pretty dizzy throughout the test and I actually dozed off for 15 minutes during the verbal section. I ended up guessing on all the questions in the last three passages due to the time constraints, but surprisingly I still made a 11 on verbal and my overall was over a 30.
You have got to be f***ing kidding me? Lucky Bastard

IgweEmeka said:
You have got to be f***ing kidding me? Lucky Bastard

yea, for real...i woulda been screwed SO bad
hell, i was awake the whole time and still think verbal kicked my a$$

wetlightning said:
yea, for real...i woulda been screwed SO bad
hell, i was awake the whole time and still think verbal kicked my a$$
No kidding...I actually came out of it almost crying and thinking I made a 17 or something.

chemwiz14 said:

Definitely. I made educated guesses on at least 10 in each section and scored over 30

Have u guys though ever just randomly guessed on sections (maybe 7-10 questions) and managed to pull 10 or more on each section.

Thank you for this thread!!! I am been freaking out since the test about this. I had guesses on my PS and VR, and have been thinking I failed since I took it. I am not an optimist as you can tell lately. I just have not wanted to post anything like this because I was afraid that I was the only one and that I was DOOMED to fail. So now I have hope! Thanks!!! :thumbup:

:luck:

Jezzielin said:
Thank you for this thread!!! I am been freaking out since the test about this. I had guesses on my PS ...

Same with me..waiting