Mcat home study plan for fulltime work & school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nocmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need an idea on how to start studying for MCAT considering starting this fall I will be going to school full-time and working full-time. I'll probably have 2 weekdays in the morning where I can put in some MCAT studying and then there is the weekend. Most study plans I see are 3-4 months and are geared towards people that have no school or work... so how about people that do work and go to school? is 6 months reasonable? or more? I just want to see if anyone here was in my position and how they did it.

I bought these materials:
The Princeton review for Bio and Orgo.
The entire Examkrackers set
The entire Examkrackers 1001 set + Verbal 101.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on studying for 6-7 months just because I can only study 2-3 days a week. I am going to follow the 4 month schedule by sn2ed with my own study materials and go at my own pace.

You are the only person who knows your true capabilities. Don't get discouraged because you think you are learning at a slower rate than others on here or other people only study a few weeks and get a good score. My advice since I also work overtime every week is to go at your own pace!! Do all of the content review and when you get closer to test date then start full-lengths.

There are a lot of people on this website with tons of different opinions but I've learned "the only person standing in the waY of your dreams is you!!" Good luck studying PM me if you wanna help each other stay on track!

I need an idea on how to start studying for MCAT considering starting this fall I will be going to school full-time and working full-time. I'll probably have 2 weekdays in the morning where I can put in some MCAT studying and then there is the weekend. Most study plans I see are 3-4 months and are geared towards people that have no school or work... so how about people that do work and go to school? is 6 months reasonable? or more? I just want to see if anyone here was in my position and how they did it.

I bought these materials:
The Princeton review for Bio and Orgo.
The entire Examkrackers set
The entire Examkrackers 1001 set + Verbal 101.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome! :D

o.0 I'm on record here as being a strong advocate of people being able to study for the MCAT and work at the same time, but I'll be honest, full time work AND full time school is just a LOT. I would not say 6 months is enough. You should plan on more like 9-10 months. Some of it will depend on how well your classes dovetail with MCAT topics. But be very careful with this plan, unless you're a test-taking genius.