MCAT in 14 or 15?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tdmd18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a sophomore (junior this fall), majored in ChemE. This summer I decided to take some spanish classes for my minor. Long story short, I wont be able to graduate until atleast spring of 2016. That gives me the option of taking the MCAT in either 2014 or 2015, and I'm not sure what to do. I'm sure the medical school admission board will value the new MCAT more, but I'm more prepared for teh 2014 MCAT plus it will give me a leg up as far as being able to apply early the following year. Does anyone have any insight on this matter?

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure you are aware of when MCAT scores will expire for certain schools in case you are not certain that you will get in right out of college. Also, as you probably already know the 2015 MCAT will see some changes (which I'd be worried about if I had to take it). Either way, just remember that the best time to take it is when you are most prepared, not before. Best of luck.