MCAT in 2 weeks, what are the best things to do at this point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aakashp127

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm scheduled to take the MCAT on August 28th, 2013 (13 days from today)

I took a Kaplan class from June-July, did content review for about the first 2 months, and did straight practice exams the whole month of August. I finished all Kaplan Full Lengths today and also took AAMC 3 and 4 previously. I have 6 AAMC practice tests left which I saved for the weeks before the MCAT so I can get used to the questions/style. After every test, I do comprehensive review of every question as to why I got it correct/wrong. My questions are (1) how should I space these exams out? (2) What are some helpful tips/things to do to best mentally prepare for the MCAT as time gets closer? And any other helpful insight/tips/wisdom are greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

I personally think 6 exams in about two weeks is a bit much. I'd recommend taking only 4 and taking them 1 every 3 days. That's what I did in terms of spacing them and felt that it was more or less ideal.

Last thing you want to do at this stage is burnout trying to over practice for the exam.