MCAT in July late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wvumedboy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking the MCAT July 21st because they did not have anything in the beginning of July. I will be taking an MCAT course all June so that is why I can't take the MCAT before then. Has anyone taken the MCAT in July and been successful? is there anything I can do to speed up my application while I wait for my score?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah thats a bit late.. I took mine in May. If you have your entire AACOMAS app ready besides the MCAT and can send it all immediately when you get your score you'll probably be fine.

Do not delay at all though if you take it that late. Submit all secondaries as soon as you receive them.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with the above poster that July 21st MCAT is a bit late. I think DO schools start sending out II in August so you want to make sure you have all secondaries in before August. I went to sign up for any May test dates and all testing centers in my state (Florida) were booked up for the entire month. I ended up booking a date in Georgia. I booked this date two months ago. Assuming you will be ready for the test, I would not push the MCAT past mid June. Look at nearby states to find an open June date. Worst case scenario would be to book at an out of state testing site, and then keep checking at your local sites for any open seats.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're fine as long as your GPA is decent and you submit your primary the day your score is back

Reactions: 1 user
I will be taking the MCAT July 21st because they did not have anything in the beginning of July. I will be taking an MCAT course all June so that is why I can't take the MCAT before then. Has anyone taken the MCAT in July and been successful? is there anything I can do to speed up my application while I wait for my score?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Im taking June 3oth. I literally just asked the same question on here a few days ago and most people said it would be fine. Just have all your transcripts in, LORs, essays good to go in mid August when your scores come back. It might hurt you at a few DO schools, but won't at most if you do well and as another poster mentioned have a good well rounded app.

Good luck man! Take it when you feel ready for it.

Reactions: 1 users
Naw, not if you kill it. I took mine Aug 20 and didn't get my scores back till Sept 20 and then got into KCU in mid November.

As long as you do well schools will still accept it, just be sure to have your primary and secondary apps already in by the time you get your score back and you should be okay if the rest of your app is in good shape.

If you feel the rest of your application is in good shape (GPA, ECs, PS, LORs), then a July MCAT is not an issue for DO. Just spend that month waiting for your score to return to work on constructing your primary application.