Mcat in two weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc123456

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I took my AAMC practice test 2 (skipped the first) and got a 489. I'm freaking out because I have my exam in two weeks.

I have been taking Kaplan FL's and the highest I got was a 494. Which is weird because I heard Kaplan ones are harder than the actual test.

Any tips would be appreciated.

To be honest, I took my AAMC2 in the library and it was very noisy there. I was on the main floor and there were kids running around and someone tutoring their child right behind me. Do you think this played a factor in my score?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
postpone or cancel the exam...
The testing environment can be a factor, but then why do you still continue your practice test and waste such a good resource?
In the real exam, if you find any problem, then you should void your exam at the end.
I've seen people who didn't do that and thus nearly lost their chance going to medical schools. So this is a huge issue of judgement.

BTW, have you done other tests? It's really hard to assess your ability with so less data, regardless whether score of FL2 is convincible or not to assess your ability.

Last edited:
Hi guys! I took my AAMC practice test 2 (skipped the first) and got a 489. I'm freaking out because I have my exam in two weeks.

I have been taking Kaplan FL's and the highest I got was a 494. Which is weird because I heard Kaplan ones are harder than the actual test.

Any tips would be appreciated.

To be honest, I took my AAMC2 in the library and it was very noisy there. I was on the main floor and there were kids running around and someone tutoring their child right behind me. Do you think this played a factor in my score?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Kaplan tests are often reported to be "deflated" but aren't necessarily harder. Simply put there's nothing quite like the real AAMC materials, and they are most indicative of your real test.

If I were you OP I would void. Your practice exams aren't in a competitive range, and while it's possible to improve in two weeks, frankly your low scores probably indicate a test taking issue rather than a content knowledge one. That can't be address in just two weeks.

Good luck with whatever you decide. There are tons of mcat test dates each year for a reason.

Maybe, but assuming Kaplan deflate FL's by 10 points, it's still pretty hard to attribute the 489 vs. 500+ as solely due to the noise. I'd postpone - it's much better to take the test when you are ready.