mcat induced insomnia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyInitialsAreJC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
makes it hard to study during the daytime.

ive been taking melatonin but i think i pop awake as soon as it wears off, ~3 hours into falling asleep.

Members don't see this ad.

MyInitialsAreJC said:
makes it hard to study during the daytime.

ive been taking melatonin but i think i pop awake as soon as it wears off, ~3 hours into falling asleep.

Melatonin is not a sleeping pill; it regulates your sleep cycle. It really only works if you take it consistently.

I have acute insomnia and I take Melatonin. You need to get into the habit of taking it and going to sleep at the same time every night.

Pineal Gland, part of the endocrine system:
Melatonin is regulated by the light and dark cycles. It also plays a role in regulating Circadian Rhythms.

lol..sorry had to say it

Try exercising, that helped me

Members don't see this ad :)
I take Unisom, but I find that my limbs feel so weak the next day. Is there a better OTC sleep aid? Can you get melatonin OTC? I just lie in bed almost every night wishing I could go to sleep!

I don't know of any. I took Unisom last summer for my personal mcat inferno, but I quickly developed tolerance for it. Then took lunesta, again, my nerves resisted and wouldn't rest. The best thing to do, I think, is cut down on the caffine. If you need to have some... drink it in the morning. Even if you go to bed at 4 am, force yourself to get up at 6 or 7. Yeah! and no nap. If you are tired all day..just put in a good 4 hours and make up for it the next day.

And go to the gym everyday..you don't want to look busted after the test when you finally get to party..lol