MCAT information, for april

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toran

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know all of the stuff necessary for admittance to med school is good prep, but when you were taking the MCAT you might have thought, "gee, I am glad I took such and such", or "gee, I wish that I had taken that advanced bio chem stats class...".
I am preparing to take the MCAT in april with a book. Would any of you suggest a class to take for prep, and do you think it helps?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Take the Princeton Review..
Go to class do your homework as they recommend, especially verbal, study study study, start reading several books and magazines now to prepare you for the reading speed necessary if you are not already a fast reader.

mike

I've got to weigh in with Kaplan as my choice for test prep. I took their "6 month" plan; started studying in November (only once a week). It gave me more time to absorb the material, and I did well on the test.

------------------
-PB (Western Univ./COMP '04)

"Never give in, never give in,
never, never, never, never..."

-Sir Winston Churchill, 1944

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a Kaplan man as well. It's a good program, however, I think all the programs will tell you what you need to know. Like they say when you start the course, you'll only get out of it what you put in. I took the course because I needed someone to ram that stuff down my throat for 6 months. I could have accomplished the same thing for 900 dollars less by just buying the books and studying by myself.

DocGibby

Buy all the books from AAMC, (in addition to what ever else you do)... I did their 4 sample exams the week before the exam, and found them the most like the actual exam.