Quantcast

MCAT - June 15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RollSkins

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
So its offical. I regerstered today for the June 15 MCAT. Also, I just found out that all the seats are full in Chattanooga, TN (where I go to school) so I have to go home (Huntsville, AL) to take it and the closest testing center is like an hour away. In anycase paying for the MCAT has made me realize that I am actually taking this thing and I need to start studying my butt off. I am studying by myself with the EK version 6 books and some Kaplan self study stuff. Is anyone else taking the MCAT on June 15 and what are your study methods?

mike1618

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am also taking it on June 15 in Charlotte, NC. I agree, paying for the test has made it official. I have been studying a few hours/week for the past few months, but now it is time to do a few hours/day. My study strategy involves EK. I was using Kaplan but the material seems to drag on and on. There is no reinforcement of the material in Kaplan. Anyhow, once I get through EK, I am going to do the 1001 books, and then do nothing but practice problems. My goal is to take all the AAMC practice tests.

Morpholino

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess the only upside to paying an arm and a limb to take the MCAT is that it definitely provides some motivation!

sistahnik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Registration for me won't be available 'til tomorrow (Tues.) so I am pretty excited to get going with my studying also. I will be using the Kaplan books and EK also. I was spared with the cost b/c I got approved for the FAP which really helped me tremendously. Any whoo, I can't hardly wait to register and I will be right at the computer at 9am so I can get a seat!! :D Happy studying everyone :thumbup: :thumbup:

youngnflyy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm also taking it on June 15th, at a testing center in Decatur, Alabama. I'm using the EK 6th edition books, and I also plan on buying practice exams from AAMC, and Kaplan.

RollSkins

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll see you at the testing center in Decatur. I actually live in owens cross roads so I am not looking forward to that 45 minute drive at seven in the morning. Good luck with the studying. I like the EK stuff alot better than the kaplan. The only thing that frustrates me about studying for the MCAT is that I want to put in more time but I have all this other stuff I have to study for classes.

bacon111

Bacon111
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How fast do these tests fill up? I was planning to take the June 15th test, but I haven't registered yet. How far ahead should you register?

kstreet

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bump for June 15th. I've been studying primarily from EK, but have also used MCATpearls as well as the study questions section of SDN. All in all, a long strange trip looks to be in order. ;)