MCAT Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IL Pre Med

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have all the Princetons (taking the course), all the Kaplans, and EK verbal. Considering grabbing the Berkeley books as well but don't really have all that much cash to spend. I'm not going to be working over the summer and I've got some money set aside for applications. Can I get some input as to whether TBR would be helpful in addition to what I currently have? If so, are some TBR books better than others? Like is TBR bio a must have?

Members don't see this ad.

I currently have all the Princetons (taking the course), all the Kaplans, and EK verbal. Considering grabbing the Berkeley books as well but don't really have all that much cash to spend. I'm not going to be working over the summer and I've got some money set aside for applications. Can I get some input as to whether TBR would be helpful in addition to what I currently have? If so, are some TBR books better than others? Like is TBR bio a must have?

I personally will be using Princeton and EK series. I have heard the TBR is a great resource however.

I wouldn't worry to much about what resource you have, especially if you have 2 to chose from. I would focus on learning and mastering all the content in your available resources (and by mastering I mean knowing the material inside and out).

Spend the money to purchase the AAMC tests instead, and if after a few tests after your content review you are scoring poorly then perhaps look at a new resource.

Members don't see this ad :)
Two more questions for everyone: I have Kapan FL's from 2004 which contain 77 questions to be completed in 100 minutes. What are your thoughts on these? Useful? I figure they'd help even though they're longer but I don't want to use them if the content review or question types won't benefit me for the current MCAT.

Also does anyone buy the MCAT self-assessment package from AAMC?
https://www.aamc.org/students/apply...theofficialmcatselfassessmentpackagepage.html

Two more questions for everyone: I have Kapan FL's from 2004 which contain 77 questions to be completed in 100 minutes. What are your thoughts on these? Useful? I figure they'd help even though they're longer but I don't want to use them if the content review or question types won't benefit me for the current MCAT.

Also does anyone buy the MCAT self-assessment package from AAMC?
https://www.aamc.org/students/apply...theofficialmcatselfassessmentpackagepage.html

The self assessments were great. Did the Physics and GChem.

The self assessments are recycled FLs 1,2, and 6 I believe. So if you've done those--don't buy the SA.