rosejayhawk

2+ Year Member
May 19, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi guys, I wanted to hear from SDN members who followed a similar schedule and used similar materials to MCAT Matt, who scored a 526 and put their schedule in this link:

My Schedule and Approach to a 526 (lots of passages, not too much Anki)

What MCAT score did you receive and what book sets and FLs did you add onto the schedule?

Thank you! I'm currently in the process of figuring out my study schedule and materials to purchase.

Zenabi90

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2017
Status
Medical Student
It just looks like a variation of the other suggested MCAT schedules here. One chapter a day, every few days do a "loop back" of re-read and more passages. Much like SN2ed, MCATjelly, KoalaT etc. The only difference is resources used and of course, inclusion of Psych/Soc material when appropriate (because SN2ed was pre-MCAT2015).

Take a look at the stickied "Directory of SDN MCAT Strategies" and you'll find a wealth of information that will answer nearly every question you have.

Quick advice for you:
1. Decide when you want to take the test
2. Figure out how deep you need to review the material.
3. Decide which materials you want to utilize that are appropriate for #2
4. Plot out the timeline for your dedicated content review.
5. Add on as many FLs as possible to fit your exam window (at the minimum, AAMC Sample Exam, FL1, FL2)

Zenabi90

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Please note that according to the AAMC, 523+ is considered 100th percentile. They set the mean to be 500, and every 10 pts in either direction is considered 1 standard deviation. 514 and above is considered 90th percentile already.

I would advise that if you want to set a lofty goal, this is how I would do it:
Before your content review, take the AAMC sample exam then find a score calculator. Whatever you get on that, add 15 points. Use either that number or 515 as your goal, whichever is greater.

For example: if you score a 505, without dedicated review, you are probably capable of a 520 after 3 months of dedicated review. If you score a 495, then you know you have some serious ground to make up to get to 515.

I suggest 515 as the minimum because even if you lose a point in each section, then you're still at 510+ and 1 SD above the mean.

About the Ads