MCAT May24th, should I take a NS exam or the AAMC unscored one

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Golden-Future

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT May24th, should I take a NS exam or the AAMC unscored one. I already took the AAMC FL#1 to see if I wanted to move the exam to June or not. I want to save the FL #2 and #3 for the last 2 weeks. So this weekend was wondering if I should take a Next step exam or take the AAMC unscored one b/c its AAMC style questions. I would like a score though.

Members don't see this ad.

The terms may have changed so what I think you are saying may not be correct.

Let me lay it out this way, take practice tests, ones that are supposed to simulate performance... if they aren't producing the results you want keep studying, otherwise sit for the damn thing and grow a set.

The terms may have changed so what I think you are saying may not be correct.

Let me lay it out this way, take practice tests, ones that are supposed to simulate performance... if they aren't producing the results you want keep studying, otherwise sit for the damn thing and grow a set.

They're both the same length of time so not really sure what you're trying to tell me. Just asking if the unscored AAMC test is worth it since its probably based more on the old version than a Next Step exam that may be more like the new version, but not sure. Asking for people who have experience. Thanks.

Anything from AAMC is WAY better than NS, or any other commercial test. The unscored exam is based on the current MCAT. I'd be more worried that NS is based on the old MCAT than AAMC.