MCAT mistake--help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cthomas737

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the MCAT this past May and did not do as well as I wanted. I was unsure whether or not to retake it this September so when I filled out my AMCAS application I did NOT indicate that I would retake it September 2009. My application has been processed and I was looking at the sections and they all say "Application Already Submitted*This information cannot be changed". Does this mean I cannot retake the MCAT this September 2009 because that would require me to change my AMCAS app which I can no longer do?

I ask this because I was going to register for a September MCAT. But if this means that my Application will have to be re-processed I dont want it to have to face that 4 week lag period. I have already sent out secondaries as well so I would not want to redo them.

Thank you so much--please fill me in :)

Members don't see this ad.

So I took the MCAT this past May and did not do as well as I wanted. I was unsure whether or not to retake it this September so when I filled out my AMCAS application I did NOT indicate that I would retake it September 2009. My application has been processed and I was looking at the sections and they all say "Application Already Submitted*This information cannot be changed". Does this mean I cannot retake the MCAT this September 2009 because that would require me to change my AMCAS app which I can no longer do?

I ask this because I was going to register for a September MCAT. But if this means that my Application will have to be re-processed I dont want it to have to face that 4 week lag period. I have already sent out secondaries as well so I would not want to redo them.

Thank you so much--please fill me in :)

if you look under the amcas "help" menu, there are actually a few fields that can be changed after submitting your application, and one of them is additional mcat dates.....so you can definitely add your new date, which would require that you re-certify and re-submit your application....now, i am under the impression that re-submitting does NOT cause you to lose your place in line, meaning it would not take an additional 4-6 weeks. remember that people are continuously adding letters of recommendation and have to re-submit, so i believe amcas knows that re-submissions occur often and they do not put you at the end of the pile.

i actually am in a similar situation, as that i took the mcat (for the 2nd time :() on july 17th, so that date is in my "additional tests" section, however i immediately signed up for the august 25th date as well. my application is submitted, and depending on the score i will then add the additional date and have to resubmit.

hope this helps, but you can always call/e-mail amcas and ask them about it if not

Fortunately, resubmitting does NOT take additional time AFTER the AMCAS has already been certified. I believe the same also applies BEFORE the AMCAS is certified.