MCAT motivation blues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorJP

Mr. Pragmatic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This threads goes out to all my homies and homettes who are feeling the MCAT blues right now, with all the ridiculous hours of studying and dedication we have been putting in. I can tell you as a previous writer that the last thing you want to do is write this test more than once if you can help it. Imagine going through all this next year? Shout here if you are feelin' the blues, and know there are thousands of others like you who are putting in the time, while our friends are out drinkin' the night away.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, my social life is sucking right now. Prep classes until 9:30 pm 5 days a week and diagnostics on Saturday mornings means no fun on Friday night...or any other night. Maybe I could have gone out on Saturdays, but I did this sparingly because I wanted to stay home and watch Nip/Tuck. Worst part is, all my pre-everything else friends are sitting around chilling this summer, reminding me all the more that this test may turn me into that shakey kid in the corner of the library with 20 books scattered around the table and 14 half-empty cups of coffee around her. C'est la vie, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
definately feeling the blues...after hovering around 9-11 in verbal for the past two months, yesterday i somehow pulled a 7 on aamc 6 :scared: ....hoping it was just a fluke. but, still worried, since thats even lower than what i got on the mcat last august.

not sure if i should just give verbal a break for a couple of days, or push it more.

I got in to a massive arguement with my boyfriend last night due to intense MCAT-crankiness. I know he definatelty cannot wait until it is over and I have returned to my (more) normal self.

H and D said:
I got in to a massive arguement with my boyfriend last night due to intense MCAT-crankiness. I know he definatelty cannot wait until it is over and I have returned to my (more) normal self.

Sorry, have to say this when I see it, one of those things that bother me. The spelling of definitely is one of the most common spelling errors in the english language, something that I'm sure would aggitate any reader on your WS, so you can thank me for pointing it out..... :D. Argument was also spelled wrong, but that one doesn't bother me.

On the bright side, I'm sure your bf will be happy when you are done, a little argument here and there isn't too bad. If I had a dollar for every argument I got into involving the words "All you ever do is study...what about my time......", I would probably have a few hundred dollars to my name, just enough to cover the cost of the MCAT.

WoW you geeky dork, correcting someone's spelling on the internet!
Like, um, like totally, woh caers? oH Mah gdo, i mean dog, no...God!

Anyway, I agree with everyone about the stress. Its actually getting to me now. I've mostly been slacking off the past week, sitting around, pacing around pretending to study and dreaming of a high score...i've been doing well on the AAMCs, and thats been my undoing of late. But I'm all ready for the next two weeks. Hopefully this stress will neither bite me then nor during the actual examination. (note the proper grammar usage and spelling to please geeky dork above) :laugh:

doctorJP said:
Sorry, have to say this when I see it, one of those things that bother me. The spelling of definitely is one of the most common spelling errors in the english language, something that I'm sure would aggitate any reader on your WS, so you can thank me for pointing it out..... :D. Argument was also spelled wrong, but that one doesn't bother me.

On the bright side, I'm sure your bf will be happy when you are done, a little argument here and there isn't too bad. If I had a dollar for every argument I got into involving the words "All you ever do is study...what about my time......", I would probably have a few hundred dollars to my name, just enough to cover the cost of the MCAT.

sorry to tell you dog, but the correct spelling is agitate not aggitate. never would have pointed this out, but since you were razing someone over spelling errors, i figured you were asking for it. lol

doctorJP said:

Although I will probably get crap for this...I totally agree with you about the definitely thing. I don't run around correcting people on this though, and I suggest you try and do the same. :p

surag said:
WoW you geeky dork, correcting someone's spelling on the internet!
Like, um, like totally, woh caers? oH Mah gdo, i mean dog, no...God!

Anyway, I agree with everyone about the stress. Its actually getting to me now. I've mostly been slacking off the past week, sitting around, pacing around pretending to study and dreaming of a high score...i've been doing well on the AAMCs, and thats been my undoing of late. But I'm all ready for the next two weeks. Hopefully this stress will neither bite me then nor during the actual examination. (note the proper grammar usage and spelling to please geeky dork above) :laugh:

If bananaboat was offended, then he/she may say something to me. As for this n00b above who joined last month, what use would I have for advice from a child? I seem to remember that name from awhile back though, maybe you just made another identity or something.

Thanks for the correction on agitate, but it was only a typo. Criticize my spelling and grammer, I welcome constructive criticism any day of the week. I am also very offended by calling me a nerd... :cool:; I'll be the first one to admit that I am one of the biggest ones. AWhitehair makes a good point, although I guess that comes with practice on message boards.