MCAT motivational improvement thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RPedigo

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Lets hear about your improvements on the MCAT tests. Start with your first ever diagnostic, and then your best score, and the approximate timeframe between the two.

First diagnostic: 7PS 9V 11BS 27 total

One month later:

AAMC 8: 12PS 10V 11BS 33 total

Strategy: Study off and on, and then realize how the MCAT people make the test and how they try to trick you, and then don't fall for those tricks.

Members don't see this ad.

TPR 4911 (Diagnostic) 6,8,3 = 17

AAMC 7 = 12,10,9 31
AAMC 8 = 10,11,10 31

Timeframe = 2 months

I haven't taken chem, physics or orgo at university so the diagnostic was just a guessing game minus the verbal...
I've been taking TPR classes, my first read through was very thorough and went all the way till about 2 weeks ago....
Now I'm going back doing all the homework passages...
Taking 6R and 9 this week...
With a couple more readthroughs of the material I think I have potential for 11/12 in every category if everything went well..

Either way up 14 pts in 2 months... and looking for 2 or 3 more lol...

No diagnostics, but started to study on Monday, July 3rd. Less than a month later, Aug 1st, broke 30 on 5R with a 32. Since then, 34 on both 6R and 7. Two weeks is PLENTY of time to bring those scores up! Just work hard, but more importantly, understand the concepts!!!

kaplan diag:24

Highest scores: 33 on aamc 4r

Really the best thing is once you have content down is to continue to lightly review it will hammering out the tests to become familiar with em.

williamsf1 - any advice as to make the jump you did? what did you do differently to make the improvement from a 30--->34?