MCAT ON HOLD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_Trauma_Queen_

Reaction score
My August 14 MCAT score was not released to me and is on hold pending a testing center concern investigation.

Does anyone know if AAMC actually takes the full 30 days to “investigate?”

I tried reaching out and they don’t even give updates or anything.

Does anyone also know if I will be informed of a score?

Members don't see this ad.

TImeline is uncertain due to the pandemic with many folks working remotely.

As for whether or not your score is released has to do with what the investigation finds. For now, try not to worry about it. If you are applying this cycle, start writing secondary essay responses so that you can turn those around quickly.

TImeline is uncertain due to the pandemic with many folks working remotely.

As for whether or not your score is released has to do with what the investigation finds. For now, try not to worry about it. If you are applying this cycle, start writing secondary essay responses so that you can turn those around quickly.
I am applying this cycle. I’ve already spent thousands on primaries and secondaries for schools.

I’ve put on hold submitting any additional secondaries when I was informed of the investigation

Sounds like you’re doing all that you can do. Just let the process play out and hopefully it will be resolved soon. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, this is certainly an atrocious situation. Try to keep your head on the things you can control. The 'medicine is a marathon not a sprint' occam is real,

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutors
Med School Tutors

I am applying this cycle. I’ve already spent thousands on primaries and secondaries for schools.

I’ve put on hold submitting any additional secondaries when I was informed of the investigation
Have you told them that you are applying this cycle? Are you sure the investigation is of the center, and not you?

If it's the center, and if there is a chance your score will be cancelled, they need to allow you to test between now and 9/28. Otherwise, your MD cycle is over (except at Stanford or any other school that would admit you without a MCAT). Apparently, you could still use a January test for DO, but that would be too late for any MD that isn't waiving the test this year.

If it were me, I'd call them tomorrow and keep asking to speak to someone higher up the chain until I could get some answer on 9/11 regarding what AAMC was going to do to salvage my cycle if there is an issue with my score that had nothing to do with me. Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Knightdoc isn’t wrong about the impact on your cycle if your score is voided but it is extremely, extremely unlikely that you will get any information other than their stated timeline for the investigation. Irregularities are taken very seriously and tend to be investigated and adjudicated by folks that are far removed from their customer service lines. Due to the high stakes and legal implications information simply won’t be released until it is ready to be released. This is definitely one of those times where you just have to let the process play out. At this point don’t worry about the investigation. Just focus on the things you can control.

Knightdoc isn’t wrong about the impact on your cycle if your score is voided but it is extremely, extremely unlikely that you will get any information other than their stated timeline for the investigation. Irregularities are taken very seriously and tend to be investigated and adjudicated by folks that are far removed from their customer service lines. Due to the high stakes and legal implications information simply won’t be released until it is ready to be released. This is definitely one of those times where you just have to let the process play out. At this point don’t worry about the investigation. Just focus on the things you can control.
Of course you are correct. My point was for OP to try to escalate to at least determine if the investigation involved him or the center.

Assuming it's not him, which could definitely be determined if he gets to speak to the right person, I would hope someone at AAMC would be aware of the late date and that OP will be SOL after 9/28. Whether that means scheduling a free retest for him between now and then, or some other accommodation, I would assume something could be done for him beyond telling him to just sit tight and maybe lose a year of his life because these things take time and he needs to let them play out. On the other hand, if they are in fact looking at him, that's entirely another matter.

My August 14 MCAT score was not released to me and is on hold pending a testing center concern investigation.

Does anyone know if AAMC actually takes the full 30 days to “investigate?”

I tried reaching out and they don’t even give updates or anything.

Does anyone also know if I will be informed of a score?
Full 30 days means they should release their decision by 09/14?

Of course you are correct. My point was for OP to try to escalate to at least determine if the investigation involved him or the center.

Assuming it's not him, which could definitely be determined if he gets to speak to the right person, I would hope someone at AAMC would be aware of the late date and that OP will be SOL after 9/28. Whether that means scheduling a free retest for him between now and then, or some other accommodation, I would assume something could be done for him beyond telling him to just sit tight and maybe lose a year of his life because these things take time and he needs to let them play out. On the other hand, if they are in fact looking at him, that's entirely another matter.
AAMC policies here: Policies and Procedures for Investigating Reported Violations of Admission and Enrollment Standards

Obviously we don’t know what the irregularity is. However, it is unlikely that the OP, who I assume is not the subject of the investigation, will be impacted beyond having a score delay. It’s exceedingly rare that an entire testing center’s tests are invalidated.

I agree with you that offering the OP another test date, as a precaution, would be the right thing to do. I just don’t expect the AAMC to do it.

AAMC policies here: Policies and Procedures for Investigating Reported Violations of Admission and Enrollment Standards

Obviously we don’t know what the irregularity is. However, it is unlikely that the OP, who I assume is not the subject of the investigation, will be impacted beyond having a score delay. It’s exceedingly rare that an entire testing center’s tests are invalidated.

I agree with you that offering the OP another test date, as a precaution, would be the right thing to do. I just don’t expect the AAMC to do it.
Yup! I was just thinking that, if there is any possibility the OP's test will be invalidated, he needs to be offered a reasonable accommodation before it is too late for this cycle, which for him will be closing in two weeks.