MCAT :Open deception or Confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorldChanger36

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been using TBR to study for the MCAT and I find it uses lots of different tactics to trip me up. Some questions are very direct, while others leave out a lot of detail, while others use terms in a deceptive manner or leave out a small bit of information.
I was wondering does the actual MCAT really try to trick you or does it try to present information in a way that is overwhelming. Honestly I have trouble catching all the tricks and I hate getting questions wrong when I know the material. Damn TBR biology is killer.
What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been using TBR to study for the MCAT and I find it uses lots of different tactics to trip me up. Some questions are very direct, while others leave out a lot of detail, while others use terms in a deceptive manner or leave out a small bit of information.
I was wondering does the actual MCAT really try to trick you or does it try to present information in a way that is overwhelming. Honestly I have trouble catching all the tricks and I hate getting questions wrong when I know the material. Damn TBR biology is killer.
What do you guys think?

TBR bio has by far their most difficult questions. I would not worry even if you are scoring somewhat low on these.

You should check the TBR scores thread to get an idea of how other people have done on the TBR passages. Some people also post how their TBR scores compare to their MCAT and practice MCAT scores.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=622658&page=12&highlight=berkeley+review

Good luck.