MCAT or MedSchool>?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hubadahubada

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which do you guys feel is more difficult - the MCATs or Medical School? and why do you feel that way?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by hubadahubada:
•Which do you guys feel is more difficult - the MCATs or Medical School? and why do you feel that way?•••

You are comparing two radically different challenges. I would hesitate to make any kinds of comparisons at all. The MCAT is a one day entrance exam that tests a particular skill. Medical school is a lifelong committment to a rigorous and unending workload that incessantly taxes every bone in your body. Most medical students don't even remember the MCAT by the second semester of med school given infinitely more rigorous workload they are introduced to rather early in the process.

I guess if your using the MCAT as a meter of how hard you are going to work, you have chosen a poor one. The MCAT is a small unrememberable hoop we all had to jump through. I would even hesitate to say it's a harbinger of things to come, because it's not. Med school and life beyond requires innordinately more work and effort.

Best wishes.

I am not yet in medschool. but,I also assumethat medschool is much harder than the mcat.

Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT is nothing compared to medical school.

comparing the mcat is probably not the best way to measure up against the rigors of medschool, as a few have said, but you should know that the mcat definitely isn't a cake walk. in fact, it is quite difficult and requires a lot of study time for most. it is also something that should not be taken lightly, because it is a major factor involved in getting accepted. best of luck.

I would say that the mcat and med school are two very different things so hard to compare. However, I felt during the mcat that I was studying my *&^ off. I feel that way now in medical school. I guess it is all relative because if I only had to study now as much as I did for the MCAT my life would be a lot easier.