Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MCAT Organic

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Mish550, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Mish550

Mish550 Member

Hey,

I took AAMC V and felt like I could handle the OChem level on there, but the ones in the PR workbook are a lot different. Are the OCHEM passagse on recent MCATs similar to AAMC V?

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member

I'd trust the AAMC test more than your PR book. I can't say for sure though because I have little recollection of the actual MCAT. I only remember the practice tests because I went back over the answers.

I wouldn't say that I'm extremely strong in organic, but I did pretty well on the BS section. Just know the main reaction mechanisms and stereochemistry.

4. missbonnie

missbonnie floating

Medical Student
    The PR and kaplan are alot harder than what's really on the mcat. Go by what you see in the aamc 3,4,5,6 tests. 2 is a bit too detailed. There's very little orgo on the real thing, I think 4 passages out of the 11.