Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MCAT Organic

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Mish550, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Mish550

Mish550 Member 7+ Year Member

May 31, 2001
    Hey,

I took AAMC V and felt like I could handle the OChem level on there, but the ones in the PR workbook are a lot different. Are the OCHEM passagse on recent MCATs similar to AAMC V?

Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I'd trust the AAMC test more than your PR book. I can't say for sure though because I have little recollection of the actual MCAT. I only remember the practice tests because I went back over the answers.

I wouldn't say that I'm extremely strong in organic, but I did pretty well on the BS section. Just know the main reaction mechanisms and stereochemistry.

4. missbonnie

missbonnie floating 10+ Year Member

Mar 21, 2002
    The PR and kaplan are alot harder than what's really on the mcat. Go by what you see in the aamc 3,4,5,6 tests. 2 is a bit too detailed. There's very little orgo on the real thing, I think 4 passages out of the 11.