henry ian

2+ Year Member
May 3, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
hey guys. so this is my situation: after studying for like 3 months i took the MCAT and got a 501 (124-124-128-125). this was in early August of last year. but when i say studying, a lot of it was using flash cards when i guess i should have been doing more practice exam stuff (sounds like an excuse, i know, but my adviser criticized me for doing this).

on my practice exams, i did particularly well on chem/phys and bio sections while my cars and my psych/soc was more of a hit or miss on each exam (i dont think kaplan did a good job with the latter, but i could be biased. im considering only using khan academy for this). obv my chem/phys wasnt good on the actual MCAT but i think its normally one of my stronger sections, if not the strongest

so basically my question is: is it likely that i can improve my scores by a significant amount by restudying in a different way (limit the flashcards, more practice exams) ? or is that score kind of indicative that the highest i can prob pull off on a second try is only slightly better

thanks for any advice and words of encouragement. honesty is the best policy!

theonlytycrane

5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I promise that you can hit 508 if you study correctly. You can hit even higher if you're mentally capable of it and willing to grind.

OP
H

henry ian

2+ Year Member
May 3, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I promise that you can hit 508 if you study correctly. You can hit even higher if you're mentally capable of it and willing to grind.
i hate to ask you to do this, but could you please lay down a blueprint/guide to the correct way to study from here on out? i feel like im gonna need like 2 weeks to go over all the material to the point where im comfortable w all the material (not a master at everything, but comfortable enough w all the sections). thanks btw

Dec 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
If you finished content review I can help you with a plan but I need to know your schedule. How many hours a day can you study.