MCAT percentile vs. SAT percentile

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

captbadass

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know people do this MCAT vs SAT thread all the time, but I came across something interesting today. I found my old SAT score report and it listed my national percentile as 88-89. My MCAT percentile was 88th, also. Maybe just a coincidence, although, I feel like i might just be a 88th percentile guy. Anybody else test very similarly in terms of percentile on each test?

CAPT

Members don't see this ad.

captbadass said:
I know people do this MCAT vs SAT thread all the time, but I came across something interesting today. I found my old SAT score report and it listed my national percentile as 88-89. My MCAT percentile was 88th, also. Maybe just a coincidence, although, I feel like i might just be a 88th percentile guy. Anybody else test very similarly in terms of percentile on each test?

CAPT

It's probably more coincidence.

probably soemwhat related but not entirely. Some people are better at standardized tests than others but clearly the two exams are structured differently.

i didn't take the MCAT yet but i'd be happy if they were similar since i somehow did very well on the SAT...i'm not counting on that, however

The MCAT tester pool is selected from at least the top 75%, but probably much higher of the SAT tester pool. So you can expect your percentile to be lower unless you prepared more thoroughly.

I was very high in the SAT percentiles and only high in the MCAT :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for making me feel infinitely worse but i know what you're saying is exactly right. :(

don't worry pshcho doctor - I was opposite MP: high for SAT, but very high for MCAT. :) Just keep your head up and have a great test day.

ifailedmcat said:
Nah, your line is, "I did bad on the SAT, but really high on the MCAT." :thumbup:

Yeah but I posted this in the last "MCAT vs. SAT correlation" thread:

I scored very high on the SAT.
But I scored VERY VERY high on the MCAT, so I'm not sure if there is a correlation.

So it was kind of a variation of my line.

wth
it better not be related (SAT to MCAT)
i got in college before my sats with so i got a 1070 ....
it better not have any indication! a pox on this thread!