MCat postponed in London, ON

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrRob

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
www.uwo.ca - MCAT is cancelled due to power outage!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking the mcats tomorrow and live in the US, but I'm just wondering. Is it for real that the mcat in onario is postponed? Isn't it not fair to the rest of us? What if by any chance the information leaks or something. Wouldn't that raise the curve? Just curious...

Leaking info shouldn't matter - there are many, many different versions of the MCATs. There are lots of people who normally write it on Sunday anyways (who can't write on Sat. because of religious reasons or whatever) and they don't get any advantage because there are so many different versions of the test...

What could somebody possibly say that would be helpful to cheat? "There's a verbal passage about dogs" "There was a question about ozonolysis" etc? Any speculation you could make about verbal would be useless, any speculation you could make about science would be useless as well because it would apply to one test and not necessarily the one that somebody ended up writing, and the writing sample questions will be different.

I would think that the people who get it postponed are the ones who really suffer - how much would it SUCK to expect to write tomorrow and then to have to continue studying?!

It's so sad that the mcat was postponed for me :( I drove almost two hours the night before to get to the city where I had to write it, spent so long finding the room the day before because the campus I went to was bizarre and no one around their had ever seen that building, and when I found it there was a sign, which was fine but they told us to come there in the morning anyways to make sure, so I was there and the exam was cancelled of course. I would have written the test on a park bench out in the sunlight. There was power on at the whole university and I understand that they are trying their best with the situation but it does really suck knowing that you have worked your mind for that specific day!!! I guess I'm bitter right now because I start work again on Monday and had planned on a million things to do after the 16th and everything gets postponed again! Today I felt unbelievably good and just ready, I felt ready for the test all week :( I guess i shouldn't complain sooo much!

Originally posted by canadagirl
Leaking info shouldn't matter - there are many, many different versions of the MCATs.

What could somebody possibly say that would be helpful to cheat? "There's a verbal passage about dogs" "There was a question about ozonolysis" etc? Any speculation you could make about verbal would be useless, any speculation you could make about science would be useless as well because it would apply to one test and not necessarily the one that somebody ended up writing, and the writing sample questions will be different.

Even though there are many different forms, some questions may appear on multiple forms. Some answers require knowledge of specific definitions, and foreknowledge would make a big difference.
Why do people study the AAMC practice exams? One reason is to find out which terms and definitions we are expected to know.