MCAT, postponing till next cycle.What happens to filled AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDwhatitis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I registered for the aug 5 MCAT. Will go ahead and take it, but I plan to study more and take it again in January for a better score.
The problem is that I have already filled out my AMCAS but have not sent it in yet. Is it possible to just keep the information there as it is till next june when AMCAS reopens?

Members don't see this ad.

I registered for the aug 5 MCAT. Will go ahead and take it, but I plan to study more and take it again in January for a better score.
The problem is that I have already filled out my AMCAS but have not sent it in yet. Is it possible to just keep the information there as it is till next june when AMCAS reopens?

Nope. You'll have to type it in again next cycle. Not really a big deal though, just copy and paste everything in a Word document and save it for later.

Yes. Go to the main menu, there you will see an option that says print application. Click on that and it will convert your application to a PDF file. Save that PDF file and you're set. Unfortunately, that's the best option you've got. It will reduce a lot of your work next year, but you will still need to cut and paste the info into next years application.