Mcat prep at nih?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silverlion

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the sdn archives for something on this but this looks like a question that has never been asked.

I work at NIH as a CRTA and was vaguely aware of an MCAT review course they offer in January. I just received an email through which I found out that there is a course and it will start on Jan 26, end sometime in may...

I was wondering if anybody here has ever heard of it/ taken it and would be able to tell me how good it is...

The course is a 3 hour class every week for almost 4 months....and they charge $350. I am not expecting the course to be extremely intensive with them providing prep books and stuff but for someone who has a busy week and wants to squeeze in some study time and work according to a fixed plan, would it be worthwhile?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

sounds okay to me... I have never heard of it though and wouldn't dare comment on the content. However if it is time set aside for review and practice it can't really be bad. That's also not very expensive (in comparison).

I just looked at the sdn archives for something on this but this looks like a question that has never been asked.

I work at NIH as a CRTA and was vaguely aware of an MCAT review course they offer in January. I just received an email through which I found out that there is a course and it will start on Jan 26, end sometime in may...

I was wondering if anybody here has ever heard of it/ taken it and would be able to tell me how good it is...

The course is a 3 hour class every week for almost 4 months....and they charge $350. I am not expecting the course to be extremely intensive with them providing prep books and stuff but for someone who has a busy week and wants to squeeze in some study time and work according to a fixed plan, would it be worthwhile?

thanks

I heard they mostly give you practice stuff... so it might be good... if you are expecting like a good review though... i dunno if it is like that... I work at NIH too.... and that is what I heard

Well...I took the MCAT once and got a 28S. Totally bombed PS and so have been trying to work on it right now. The idea of having something that would keep the prep channelized and focused is all I want. Working and studying is turning out to be harder than what I thought and if NIH has something to offer then it might be worth checking out...

Hey
Do you by any chance have the link for the NIH's MCAT prep?
Ive been looking for it on the website but can't seem to find it.
Thanks

thanks