MCAT prep - Getting past a stagnant point

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far in my MCAT prep I have taken three Kaplan MCAT full lengths and 1 AAMC practice full length (#3), and I have averaged a 25 (here are some of the break downs by section not in particular order 7/8/10 PS, 8/9/10VR, 8/8/9BS), and this seems to be a stagnant point for me. I was hoping to get some advice regarding how to improve my scores to a 30+ in less than a month. I know this seems like a short amount of time, but I have nothing else going on and can devote all the time necessary to implement proven methods/strategies. As far as what my studying has consisted of so far:

-Going through Kaplan's Review Notes for all subjects and doing end of chapter practice problems as well as 3 section tests each for PS and BS and 11 section tests for VR
-EK review notes taking notes and reading through the chapters
-EK101 Verbal passages book to practice passages
-As mentioned above 3 full length Kaplan online exams and AAMC#3
-Have been going back and analyzing what I am missing on the full lengths and reading the notes from EK to improve my knowledge of the fundamentals

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to improve past a 25, and in particular how to improve in PS. Also please do let me know if you notice where I am most likely going in the wrong direction based on my studying methods and how to improve upon that.

Members don't see this ad.

Which content area do you feel you know the least (irregardless of scores obtained)

I would say PS is the content area I know the least, and more specifically physics.

I would spend close to a full week going over physics, watching physics videos online, living and breathing physics

Members don't see this ad :)
I would spend close to a full week going over physics, watching physics videos online, living and breathing physics

What type of videos would you recommend and would you say just looking over content or going over practice passages throughout review?

Do practice questions, as many as you can find, live them, breathe them, know them. You have to practice APPLYING the concepts. When you come to something you don't understand make sure you UNDERSTAND why it is right or wrong and read about that point until you OWN it.

Survivor DO

What type of videos would you recommend and would you say just looking over content or going over practice passages throughout review?

You definitely need to do passages. I personally highly recommend Chad's videos. You can subscribe to all his videos for like $50 for the month. He also provides notes for each video and quizzes to do at the end of the video.

You definitely need to do passages. I personally highly recommend Chad's videos. You can subscribe to all his videos for like $50 for the month. He also provides notes for each video and quizzes to do at the end of the video.
Do you have a link to Chad's videos or is there a sample video that I can take a look at? Thanks in advance

Do you have a link to Chad's videos or is there a sample video that I can take a look at? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Just search for Chads videos, it will be like the first link. Right now it looks like he is offering his Biology videos and chemistry videos for completely free

Thank you Qester those videos are a great resource! If you don't mind my asking what has your own personal MCAT experience been like?

If anyone else has any advice on what I should improve or change with my studying/prep or how to get past my stagnant score I would truly appreciate the input.