1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

mcat-prep gold standard CBTs

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by GymClassHero, Mar 12, 2007.

1. GymClassHero

GymClassHero Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Anyone else taken any of these? How difficult are they compared to the aamc tests?

2. lifeistough

Pre-Medical
    I have posted very detailed information on what I think in another thread titled "Gold Standard CBTs"

I am writing to let everyone here know of new information just received from Dr. Ferdinand. Based on my previous comments about the test layout not resembling it, he has informed me that in 24 hours, all 10 CBTs (which content wise I mentioned are great for review) will be formatted to the real MCAT we will take, so similar to e-mcat.com.

If I may make such a bold statement, once this new change is in effect, that these CBTs are formatted with the same "environment", I will boldly say they are next best practice to e-mcat.com. That is how important the "environment" was for me. Why? EK, though, my scores have matched on their BS to the latest AAMC CBT I took, is not CBT formatted on 3g, to my knowledge.

In the meantime, I'll be reviewing answers and explanations to the GS-4 CBT on Biological Sciences. I would encourage to those who only have some time, I stress time strongly, to go ahead and purchase these.

For example, if you have 2 weeks to study for the MCAT, this would not be effective. Take all 3-10 CBTs on e-mcat.com, learning from your mistake. If you have 1-1.5 months and have exhausted all your CBTs, except for 9 and 10 example, left for the real diagnostic, and you need to guage your progress on types of questions before the real deal, I advise such an action.

I purchased mine on EBay a while ago, pushing them off. I have begun to pick them up because they are a shorter test to go through than the EK 3g BS, which takes a lot of time to finish.

I hope this has been helpful. Again, all other comments on this I think you should at least look at are on the thread "Gold Standard CBTs".

Best regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lifeistough

Pre-Medical
    I left out the answer to your question. Though I may not be able to speak for others who may have taken the GS-CBTs, I was scoring 2 points below what I was scoring on the real thing. As you review your answers, and take it again, you move forward.

Best regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lifeistough

Pre-Medical