MCAT Prep - Kaplan In Person or Kaplan Live Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arrowslinger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated with my 4 year degree. I plan to take the MCAT in April. I am trying to figure all of the test prep planning and everything that goes into planning for medical school. I realize that I need a mentor, but just do not have one at this point. I am in Dallas, Texas and looking at the Kaplan In Person classes or the Kaplan Live Online classes. Does anyone have experience and could you give the pros/cons of these two classes?

Members don't see this ad.

do NOT take Kaplan. I thought it was a huge waste of money. I used EK and double speed Khan academy for content. Then I used AAMC material for practice tests. I strongly suggest you get through ALL of AAMC stuff before test day. AAMC is the single most high yield resource you can use.

Reactions: 1 users
I just graduated with my 4 year degree. I plan to take the MCAT in April. I am trying to figure all of the test prep planning and everything that goes into planning for medical school. I realize that I need a mentor, but just do not have one at this point. I am in Dallas, Texas and looking at the Kaplan In Person classes or the Kaplan Live Online classes. Does anyone have experience and could you give the pros/cons of these two classes?
I used the Live Online course, I liked it in terms of helping me organize what I was going to study and when, as well as the extra videos and sessions on specific topics that they have both live and on demand. It’s expensive, and many people do just as well self-studying, but if you’re looking for more structure and you don’t mind spending the money, then I think it’s not a bad choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the Live Online course, I liked it in terms of helping me organize what I was going to study and when, as well as the extra videos and sessions on specific topics that they have both live and on demand. It’s expensive, and many people do just as well self-studying, but if you’re looking for more structure and you don’t mind spending the money, then I think it’s not a bad choice.

Thank you for your input! I do need help with organizing my study plans.

Reactions: 1 user
do NOT take Kaplan. I thought it was a huge waste of money. I used EK and double speed Khan academy for content. Then I used AAMC material for practice tests. I strongly suggest you get through ALL of AAMC stuff before test day. AAMC is the single most high yield resource you can use.

I appreciate your input. I am also looking into the AAMC materials.

Reactions: 1 user