MCAT Prep Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Techmed07

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some money to burn and I have been garnering some test prep materials, I take the MCAT in august. This is what I am going to get/have..Please add to my list. I am going to get as much stuff as I can.

EK Complete Home Study
EK 1001 Questions for BCP
EK 101 Verbal
Kaplan Premire 2007
TBR Complete Home Study

Members don't see this ad.

I have some money to burn and I have been garnering some test prep materials, I take the MCAT in august. This is what I am going to get/have..Please add to my list. I am going to get as much stuff as I can.

EK Complete Home Study
EK 1001 Questions for BCP
EK 101 Verbal
Kaplan Premire 2007
TBR Complete Home Study

I wouldn't spend the money on EK complete package if you're getting TBR also. You can just get bio from EK and 1001 for bio. (IMO)

lol, looking at the price tag of your current list, you weren't kidding about having some extra cash.

im going to take the exam this summer as well (crossing fingers). apparently tbr is the best for the PS section due to the extensive amount of practice problems. EK is solid for verbal and tbr/tpr hyp is great for bio (detailed) while EK bio is solid for non-detailed bio. this is basically what ive gathered from stalking the mcat thread last summer. i may check out tbr verbal but i really haven't heard enough testimonials to suggest it.

the other important thing is that practice probs are the best way to prepare. id focus more on getting in a ton of problems (aamc CBTs plus extra problems from other books..making sure to save aamcs for last since they are the closest to real questions in difficulty, format and style) as opposed to reading and trying to learn from/memorize as many books as possible.

GL.

Biology: 1. EK Bio + EK 1001 Bio, non-detail oriented 1. BR/TPR Hyperlearning, detail oriented 3. Kaplan

Physics
: 1. BR 2. Nova 3. TPR Hyperlearning 4. Kaplan

Verbal: 1. EK Verbal + EK 101 Verbal 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. BR 4. Kaplan (Avoid if possible)

Organic Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

General Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

Extra Practice Material: 1. TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook + TPR Hyperlearing Science Workbook, good source of practice passages 2. EK 1001 series, helps nail down basics